aving professional photography for real estate listings is something that is becoming more of a standard for most real estate agents in this industry today. Over 90 percent of home buyers use the internet to search for homes. It is vital that the first impression of the home for sale is a great one for potential buyers. Here are a few quick tips to pass along to your seller to get their house “Photo Ready”.
- Clear vehicles from the driveway
- Close garage doors
- Have the front and backyard tidy: put away lawn equipment & toys
- Keep pets outside and out of the shots
- Have pet food/water bowls picked up
- Have the dining room table set
- Remove anything that could be offensive to others
- Turn off TVs
- Turn on all lights
- Replace any light bulbs: have lamps plugged in
- Toilet seats down
- Hang towels tidily and neat on towel rails
- Declutter countertops in kitchen and bathrooms
- Have windows and mirrors cleaned
- Remove branding material such as flyers and signage
And the number one MAIN tip:
- Remove all clutter! – By de-cluttering the house, rooms will appear larger and will help buyers envision the home as their own.
Explaining these tips to your sellers will help ensure that the first impression of your clients home will be golden!